Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

ECA’s most frequently asked questions students ( FAQ ). If you question has not been answered or you have more detailed questions use the form at the bottom of this page.

Why should I study with ECA?

ECA can offer you a quality education, and a friendly and fun environment. ECA has qualified partners with industry and has a course to suit your needs.

Our team have a helpful attitude and are dedicated to offering quality service. Our qualified teachers have a wealth of experience and enjoy sharing their knowledge with our students.

What sort of training is offered?

Our training methods include face to face classroom based training, hands on practice with lab work or tutorials in our computer labs.

Other methods can include self-assessment, presentations, excursions, and guest speakers.

Why study English with ELSIS?

Whatever level of English you currently have ELSIS has the courses available to help you improve your English in a fun, friendly environment. We boast a great nationality mix so students can make friends with people all over the world, whilst developing their English skills.

ELSIS has great activities every week to help you meet and mix with other students and advance your English in a practical way. Our team of teachers are highly experienced and love to share their knowledge with their students.

Studying English can also be a great way to further your skills in other areas, once your English skills are at a certain level you may be eligible to enrol in a Vocational and Higher Education course with ECA.

Why study a nationally recognised course?

One of the methods of training available in Australia is competency based training which is accredited under VETAB in NSW. What this means to you is that the training you will receive will be National Recognised in Australia to a certain standard.

If you plan to progress your studies and knowledge you will gain benefits for what you have already studies either with ECA or at University. Practical Vocational Education courses could be suitable for students who have not studied at a university level previously. It also is far more structured way to learn and can be a great way to develop your study skills before progressing to a university course.

Why study at University?

Another method of training in Australia is higher education, which is offered through Universities. These courses are designed to take your skills to the next level in your chosen field. University studies are recognised as at a higher level than vocational training.

Bachelor, Graduate Diploma or Masters level courses are available through ECA. If you have studied previously and are looking to master your skills in your chosen area of study at university course is the choice for you.

Why undertake professional development?

ECA is proud to provide specialised courses. Our Skilled Migration Internship Program (SMIPA) and Professional Year Program IT (PYP) are designed by industry to assist skilled students to gain additional points towards their permanent migration (visa conditions apply).

Designed to take graduates of IT and Accounting through the processes of working successfully in Australia, including applying for jobs, ongoing professional development, working in Australian conditions and involves an internship program to help you gain valuable work experience in Australia. Check if you are eligible for this course as pre-enrolment conditions apply.

How can I enrol?

Please fill in the required application form and send through to our student services team who will ensure your enrolment is completed satisfactorily. Click here for course information.

When should I enrol?

This depends on your choice of course, our English courses offer day and evening classes. Our Diploma courses have specified intake dates and session times, please ask our reception or marketing team for specific details.

Our Professional Development courses have regular monthly intake dates and our Higher Education program offers three intakes per year. Please check the course details for further information.

How to apply for study credits/Recognition of Prior Learning?

Credit may be granted for students who have previously studied the exact same unit/module/subject with another RTO. For example students who have completed a unit of study, within 3 years of application may be eligible.

RPL may be offered to students who have on the job experience, or have studied the similar modules/subjects with another RTO or within a Higher Education environment.

Each unit of study is made up of competencies and detailed information on all competencies can be found on the NTIS website which is

Students should complete the RPL form and provide supporting evidence where requested. RPL requires analysis of the course undertaken and cross referencing against the course RPL is being applied for. RPL kits are available for both higher education and certificate/diploma courses.

Due to the nature and time taken to assess RPL a fee is required before applications are processed. Please submit an application for RPL form supporting evidence to be considered for RPL. You will be advised of fees on application.

What is my ‘Student ID’ number and where can I find it?

Your Student ID number will be on your offer letter and can be provided to you upon enrolment. This number should be included on all correspondence and assignments to ensure identification is made easily.

Your Student ID is also on your student card. Our reception can assist you to get your card.

Your student card may offer you discounts on a wide range of items, check with student services for more information.

How do I set up a study plan?

When enrolling into a course you are given a maximum time frame to complete assessments/exams where needed. It is you responsibility to check when your exam/assessments need to be completed.

Regular attendance is an important part of the study process and can influence your student visa if found to be lacking. You should provide any evidence if sick, such as a medical certificate so that they are recorded in your file.

If you have deadlines to meet we suggest that you allocate deadlines for study for yourself to ensure you complete your study within the appropriate time frame.

Study with others if you need extra motivation. Ask others for tips or guidelines.

Use a range of research tools, ie Internet, Books, Workshops, Programs, Workbooks etc.

Talk to your teacher/trainer should you feel any concerns they can help guide you to success.

Always allow extra time in case things go wrong.

Feel like you have studied a unit/subject/module before?

You may be eligible for Exemptions or RPL? Exemptions are provided for students who have studied the exact same component within another RTO within the currency rules.

You may be eligible for RPL if you have on the job experience, a range of other courses (not within the VET sector or outside the currency rules)

How do I re-enrol?

You will need to complete the standard enrolment form for the required new course, please note on the form that you are a previous student and provide your Student ID number to ensure your records are accurately kept.