Operations & Student Services Manager
Exciting new role, become part of our joint partnership with Swinburne University, at the new campus in Parramatta.
The primary purpose of the role of Operations & Student Services Manager is to provide effective operational management of all student administrative and advice services at Swinburne Sydney, successfully managing the service delivery inputs from Education Centre of Australia (ECA) and Swinburne University of Technology
The position is accountable for ensuring consistency with Swinburne University of Technology policies and procedures at the Sydney precinct and managing a continuous improvement process across the full student lifecycle, including ensuring outstanding client service across student administration, enrolments, compliance, and welfare.
- Ensuring Swinburne Sydney has strong processes for quality assurance and continuous improvement across all student administration functions, including managing staff with responsibilities across student-facing administration services, welfare, compliance, and enrolments.
- Managing compliance across a range of activities and processes relating to enrolments, student progress, graduations, examinations, appeals and grievances, including record keeping and meeting regulatory requirements.
- Working with the Dean to develop, implement and continuously review a student administration strategic plan that addresses student support requirements and is aligned to the Swinburne University of Technology Sydney Growth Strategy, the Swinburne Strategic Plan and Swinburne International plans.
- Providing information, advice and reports to the Dean and other senior Swinburne staff on matters relating to the higher education and regulatory environments as they pertain to the planning, management and performance of student administration at Swinburne Sydney and on issues relating to the promotion, development and management of student administration activities at the precinct, ensuring key performance targets are met.
- Ensure a quality experience throughout the precinct through the provision of a highly student-focused administrative support service.
- Attending and actively contributing to both internal and external meetings and committees as required by the Dean.
- Managing Swinburne Sydney’s compliance with legislation as it relates to international students.
- Providing high quality student administration and ‘one-stop-shop’ student advice services.
- Ensuring Swinburne University of Technology courses are offered in compliance with all legislative and quality requirements, particularly those prescribed by ESOS, The National Code and TEQSA.
- Implementing Swinburne strategies for student administration according to established quality standards.
- Maintaining a climate of collegiality and effective communication both within the Sydney precinct and across other Swinburne locations and ECA.
- Establishing business plans, and implementing operational plans, strategies and projects.
- Managing and enhancing a student-focused, cohesive and capable Student Services team that is agile, flexible and committed to a problem-solving approach in student service delivery.
- Promoting a strong and positive academic and student culture.
Demonstrated experience or have skills in:
- Proven management and leadership skills in a higher education setting with demonstrated experience in higher education student administration and the ability to manage and develop effective administrative service delivery to grow organisational value, preferably within the international educational sector.
- Strong planning skills, with an ability to work at operational and strategic levels.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and implementing operational plans and experience in providing briefings and reports.
- Integrity and experience in leading, managing and developing diverse teams in a higher education student administration context.
- Knowledge of higher education legislation and policy pertinent to student administration and the ability to interpret and apply it in the Sydney’s context.
- Demonstrated experience and/or knowledge of the full student lifecycle, including student administration issues, appeals, compliance, and enrolment processes.
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students and staff from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated experience working with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working with student administration database, electronic enrolment systems, spreadsheets and other technologies for streamlining student management
- Outstanding presentation, communication and negotiating skills including the ability to represent the Dean and/or Swinburne at internal and external meetings as required
- Capacity to understand and comply with employer policy and practices in all aspects of work and conduct, including WHS and Anti-Discrimination responsibilities
- Strong commitment to Swinburne University of Technology’s values and behaviours, namely
- a) values – access, excellence and respect
- b) behaviours – engagement, collegiality, courage
- Provide strong leadership
- Work with a high degree of integrity in all areas
Contact Alec Gardner [email protected]